COVID-19 Emergency Nurse Assistant (CNA) Training Program - Summer Session 2020 (Blended)
The COVID-19 Emergency Nurse Assistant (CNA) Training Program - Summer Session 2020 (Blended) is a 75 hour program approved by the State of Wisconsin Department of Health Services. Due to the coronavirus pandemic changes to our normal 120 hr course offering are in place. In this 75 hour program, roughly 45 hours are completed online/remotely and include lecture, videos, quizzes, and assignments. The remaining 30 hours will consist of hands-on skills learning, competency check offs, and clinical patient care simulations - all completed during a lab week that you will register for (see dates below). Students must complete all online content prior to their scheduled lab week. A minimum of 10 days are recommended for completing the online work, however, some students may require more time depending on learning style and scheduling.
Students are required to have access to a computer and internet. Upon completion of this course, students are eligible to take the State of Wisconsin Nurse Aide Competency Examination (separate cost).
Registration requires the following:
- Review the Student Handbook
- Submit registration and agreement forms
- Complete a pre-admission phone call and pay tuition in full $1000
- Complete pre-requisites prior to starting online course (pre-requisites include a background check and Basic Life Support certification - these are to be discussed with CHES prior to initiating)
The following lab weeks are scheduled for this summer:
All of our lab weeks are currently full. We are considering adding a 7th lab week at the end of July or early August. Please email us to let us know if you are interested as our decision will weigh heavily on the number of interested individuals.
- Lab Week 1 (FULL - NO SPOTS AVAILABLE): Wednesday, May 27-Sunday, May 31 (All days 7am-1pm except May 30, which is 7am-4pm)
- Lab Week 2 (FULL - NO SPOTS AVAILABLE): Monday, June 1-Friday, June 5 (All days 7am-1pm except June 4, which is 7am-4pm)
- Lab Week 3 (FULL - NO SPOTS AVAILABLE): Monday, June 8-Friday, June 12 (All days 7am-1pm except June 11, which is 7am-4pm)
- Lab Week 4 (FULL - NO SPOTS AVAILABLE): Monday, June 15-Friday, June 19 (All days 7am-1pm except June 18, which is 7am-4pm) -
- Lab Week 5 (FULL - NO SPOTS AVAILABLE): Wednesday, July 8-Sunday, July 12 (All days 7am-1pm except July 11, which is 7am-4pm) -
- Lab Week 6 (FULL - NO SPOTS AVAILABLE): Monday, July 20-Friday, July 24 (All days 7am-1pm except July 23, which is 7am-4pm) -
Please email us at CHES@edgewood.edu to request the Student Handbook, Registration and Agreement forms.