Heartcode ACLS Blended Course (AHA)
Heartcode ACLS is the AHA’s blended learning delivery method for the AHA’s ACLS Course. Blended learning is a combination of eLearning, in which a student completes part of the course in a self-directed manner, followed by a hands-on session. HeartCode ACLS is a self-directed, comprehensive eLearning program that uses eSimulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. To enter the course, students must complete a precourse self-assessment. Students will then be presented with a team dynamic lesson and 10 In-hospital patient cases, including a BLS case and 2 megacode cases.
The Heartcode ACLS Competency Check is a hands-on session for skills practice and testing after the student has completed the eLearning online portion of HeartCode ACLS through the American Heart Association (AHA). Students who successfully complete the Heartcode ACLS Course online and the hands-on Competency Check at CHES will receive an ACLS course completion card (eCard), valid for two years.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to
- Perform Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device, and use of an AED
- Demonstrate recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Demonstrate recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Provide effective airway management
- Understand related pharmacology
- Demonstrate effective management of ACS and stroke
- Demonstrate effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
HOW TO TAKE THIS COURSE:
1) Reserve your spot (see available dates below) for a hands-on skills Competency Check at CHES by registering on this site (cost $100)
2) Prior to your hands-on skills test, complete the eLearning module (approximate time of course is 7.5 hours) through the AHA (cost $132 paid directly to Online AHA), found here: https://shopcpr.heart.org/heartcode-acls
3) Bring your certificate of completion of the online portion to your hands-on skills Competency Check at CHES
Please note that you must have a current BLS provider certification to enroll in this course. If you do not have a current BLS certification, please contact CHES for options.
Questions? Please email us at CHES@edgewood.edu or call us at (608) 227-2292.