Nurse Assistant Training Program - Fall/Winter 2020 Session (Blended)
The Nurse Assistant (CNA) Training Program - Fall/Winter Session 2020 (Blended) is a 75 hour program approved by the State of Wisconsin Department of Health Services under the Emergency Nurse Aide Program rule due to the coronavirus pandemic. In this 75 hour program, roughly 45 hours are completed online/remotely and include lecture, videos, quizzes, and assignments. The remaining 30 hours will consist of hands-on skills learning, competency check offs, and clinical patient care simulations - all completed during a lab week that you will register for (see dates below). Students must complete all online content prior to their scheduled lab week. A minimum of 10 days are recommended for completing the online work, however, some students may require more time depending on learning style and scheduling.
Students are required to have access to a computer and internet. Upon completion of this course, students are eligible to take the State of Wisconsin Nurse Aide Competency Examination (separate cost).
Registration requires the following:
- Review the Student Handbook
- Submit registration and agreement forms
- Complete a pre-admission phone call and pay tuition in full $1000
- Complete pre-requisites prior to starting online course (pre-requisites include a background check, Basic Life Support certification, influenza vaccination, and COVID-19 testing within a specified window of time - these are to be discussed with CHES prior to initiating)
The schedule is as follows:
- Online/remote learning: 11/30/20-12/16/20
- Lab dates (in person at CHES): 12/17/20, 12/18/20, 12/21/20, 12/22/20, 12/23/20 (All days are 7am-1pm except 12/22, which is 7am-4pm)
- Wisconsin Nurse Aide Exam (in person at CHES): 1/12/20 8:00am-12:00pm
Please email CHES@edgewood.edu for questions or to request application materials.