Nurse Assistant Training Program Fall/Winter 2021-22
ABOUT THE COURSE:
The CHES Nurse Assistant (CNA) Training Program - Fall/Winter Session 2021-22 (Blended) is now accepting enrollments. This program is approved by the State of Wisconsin Department of Health Services. Upon passing the course, students are eligible to take the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Examination in order to be listed on the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry. For more information about the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry, please visit: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/caregiver/nurse-aide/natd-registry.htm
The CHES CNA program is completed in 80 hours. Approximately 45 hours are to be completed online/remotely and consists of web-based lectures, videos, quizzes, and assignments. The remaining time will be spent in-person in skills lab and a 16-hour clinical rotation at a local Hospital in Madison, WI (two 8-hr days). Students must complete all online content prior to their scheduled in-person skills lab and clinical rotation.
Students are required to have access to a computer and internet. Upon completion of this course, students are eligible to take the State of Wisconsin Nurse Aide Competency Examination (separate cost). Students must meet certain health screening requirements and BLS training as outlined in the CHES Nurse Assistant Training Program Student Handbook, which is available upon request.
Online content (asynchronous): Online content opens on 10/15/21 . Students can complete at own pace/convenience. All online content must be completed prior to the scheduled in-person section (see below to select in-person section).
In person skills and clinical sections:
- Section 1 (0 slots available):
Wed, 12/8: 7am-1pm
Thur, 12/9: 7am-1pm
Fri, 12/10: 7am-4pm
Sat, 12/11: 6am-3pm (clinical at Meriter)
Sun, 12/12: 6am-3pm (clinical at Meriter)
Mon 12/13: NO CLASS
Tue, 12/15: 7am-2pm
Tue, 12/21: Exam: 4pm-8pm (This is a separate fee of $125 to be paid on last day of class)
- Section 2 (0 slots available):
Mon, 1/3: 7am-1pm
Tue, 1/4: 7am-1pm
Wed, 1/5: 7am-4pm
Fri, 1/7: 6:30-12:30pm (clinical)
Sat, 1/8: 6:30am-12:30pm (clinical)
Sun, 1/9: 6:30am-12:30pm (clinical)
Mon 1/10: 7am-2pm
Wed, 1/12: Exam: 8am-12pm (This is a separate fee of $125 to be paid on last day of class)
Nurse Aide Examination:
CHES is an approved test site for the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Exam. Payment for the exam will need to be processed on the last day of the class. CHES will provide guidance in this process. The exam is administered by D&S Headmaster and more information about the exam can be found on the following webpage: https://hdmaster.com/testing/cnatesting/wisconsin/WI_CNA_Home.htm.
Registration cannot be completed on this website because of the multiple steps involved. Below is a list of steps students will need to complete to register. Please email CHES@edgewood.edu to express interest in getting started with the registration process.
- Email CHES@edgewood.edu to expresss interest and request materials. It will be most helpful if let us know if there is a section that most interests you.
- Review the Student Handbook when you receive it from CHES.
- Submit the Eligibility & Registration Form and Student Handbook Agreement Form
- Schedule a pre-admission phone call and pay tuition in full $1100 (you may request to schedule this phone call in the same email that you send with Eligibilty & Registration and Student Handbook Agreement form).
- Complete pre-requisites prior to starting online course (pre-requisites include a background check, immunizations, TB testing, and Basic Life Support certification - these will be discussed during the pre-admission call)
You are always welcome to contact us with questions! Email will get you the fastest response: CHES@edgewood.edu