Nurse Assistant Training Program - Fall/Winter 2022-23
The winter CNA course is closed. Please contact us at CHES@edgewood.edu if you would like to be added to the interest list for Spring/Summer 2023 courses. Or, come back to this page in mid to late January to view new course listings.
ABOUT THE COURSE:
The CHES Nurse Assistant (CNA) Training Program - Fall/Winter 2022-23 (Blended) is now accepting enrollments. This program is approved by the State of Wisconsin Department of Health Services. Upon passing the course, students are eligible to take the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Examination in order to be listed on the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry. For more information about the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry, please visit: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/caregiver/nurse-aide/natd-registry.htm
The CHES CNA program is completed in 80 hours. Approximately 45 hours are to be completed online/remotely and consists of web-based lectures, videos, quizzes, and assignments. The remaining 35 hours will be in-person. The in-person portion consists of hands-on skills demonstration and competency check offs at the CHES skills lab and two-day clinical rotation in Madison, WI at either St. Mary's Hospital - Madison or UnityPoint Health Meriter Hospital - Madison. Students must complete all online content prior to their scheduled skills/clinical section.
Students are required to have access to a computer and internet. Upon completion of this course, students are eligible to take the State of Wisconsin Nurse Aide Competency Examination (separate cost through the testing company, D&S Headmaster). Students must meet additional requirements as outlined in the Student Handbook, which is available upon request.
Students must complete both the online portion and skills/clinical portion of the course in order to pass the class and be eligible for the Wisconsin State Nurse Aide Exam.
- Online component (asynchronous):
The online component is available now. Students may complete it at their own pace/convenience. All online content must be completed prior to the scheduled in-person skills/clinical portion (see below).
- In-person Skills/Clinical portion:
Section 1 (0 slots available): December 13 - 19, 2022. Exam is scheduled for 12/21/22.
Section 2 (0 slot available): January 4 - 9, 2023. Exam scheduled for 1/11/23.
- Nurse Aide Examination:
CHES is an approved test site for the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Exam and has scheduled an exam for each section (see schedule above). Payment for the exam will need to be processed on the last day of the class. CHES will provide guidance in this process. The exam is administered by D&S Headmaster and more information about the exam can be found on the following webpage: https://hdmaster.com/testing/cnatesting/wisconsin/WI_CNA_Home.htm.
Registration cannot be completed on this website because of the multiple steps involved. Below is a list of steps students will need to complete.
- Please email CHES@edgewood.edu to express interest and request the Student Handbook and Registration Form. It will be most helpful if you let us know in which section(s) you are most interested (see availability listed above).
- Review the Student Handbook - the handbook contains information about grading policies, tuition, attendance, uniforms, and many other details.
- Review and sign/complete registration and at Student Handbook agreement forms
- Email CHES@edgewood.edu to send in your forms and request a pre-admission phone call. On this call, we will review your application, thoroughly explain the course expectations, answer your questions, and process your $1100 tuition (via credit or debit).
- After your questions are answered and you have paid your tuition, you will be provided a checklist for completing your health screening requirements, background check, Basic Life Support certification, and log-in details for the online portion of the course.
You are always welcome to contact us with questions! Email will get you the fastest response. CHES@edgewood.edu