Nurse Assistant Training Program - Spring/Summer 2021
ABOUT THE COURSE:
The CHES Nurse Assistant (CNA) Training Program - Spring and Summer Session 2021 (Blended) is now accepting enrollments. This program is approved by the State of Wisconsin Department of Health Services. Upon passing the course, students are eligible to take the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Examination in order to be listed on the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry. For more information about the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry, please visit: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/caregiver/nurse-aide/natd-registry.htm
The CHES CNA program is completed in 80 hours. Approximately 45 hours are to be completed online/remotely and consists of web-based lectures, videos, quizzes, and assignments. The remaining 35 hours will be in-person. The in-person portion consists of 19 hours of hands-on skills demonstration and competency check offs at the CHES skills lab and a 16-hour clinical rotation at St. Mary's Hospital in Madison, WI (two 8-hr days). Students must complete all online content prior to their scheduled skills lab and clinical rotation.
Students are required to have access to a computer and internet. Upon completion of this course, students are eligible to take the State of Wisconsin Nurse Aide Competency Examination (separate cost). Students must meet additional requirements as outlined in the Student Handbook, which is available upon request.
Online content (asynchronous): Online content is available now for all sections througout the Spring / Summer 2021 session. Students can complete at own pace/convenience. All online content must be completed prior to the scheduled in-person section.
In person skills and clinical sections (we are accepting 8 students per section):
- Section 1 (0 slots available): May 12 - May 18, 2021. Plan for all days 7am-4pm with 6am starts on May 15 and 16.
- Section 2 (0 slots available): May 26 - June 2, 2021. Plan for all days 7am-4pm with 6am starts on May 29 and 30. Note, there will be no class on Memorial Day, which is Monday, May 31st.
- Section 3 (0 slots available): June 9 - June 16, 2021. Plan for all days 7am-4pm with 6am starts on June 12 and 13. Note, there will be no class on Monday, June 14 due to CHES conflicts.
- Section 4 (0 slots available): June 23 - June 29, 2021. Plan for all days 7am-4pm with 6am starts on June 26 and 27.
- Section 5 (0 slots available): July 14 - July 20, 2021. Plan for all days 7am-4pm with 6am starts on July 17 and 18.
- Section 6 (1 slots available): August 4 - August 10, 2021. Plan for all days 7am-4pm with 6am starts on August 7 and 8.
Nurse Aide Examination:
CHES is an approved test site for the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Exam and will schedule an exam for each section within one week from the last day of the class. Payment for the exam will need to be processed on the last day of the class. CHES will provide guidance in this process. The exam is administered by D&S Headmaster and more information about the exam can be found on the following webpage: https://hdmaster.com/testing/cnatesting/wisconsin/WI_CNA_Home.htm.
Registration cannot be completed on this website because of the multiple steps involved. Below is a list of steps students will need to complete. Please email CHES@edgewood.edu to express interest in getting started with the registration process. It will be most helpful if you let us know in which section(s) you are most interested.
- Agree to the Student Handbook
- Submit registration and agreement forms (you will be able to rank choose your sections as available)
- Schedule a pre-admission phone call and pay tuition in full $1100 (you may request this call prior to submitting registration and agreement forms if you have questions)
- Complete pre-requisites prior to starting online course (pre-requisites include a background check and Basic Life Support certification - these will be discussed during the pre-admission call)
You are always welcome to contact us with questions! Email will get you the fastest response.