Nurse Assistant Training Program - Summer 2022
The CHES Summer CNA Course is full. If you would like to be added to the interest list for Fall/Winter, please email us at CHES@edgewood.edu. The online portion will open in October and the skills/clinical portion will be in January.
ABOUT THE COURSE:
The CHES Nurse Assistant (CNA) Training Program - Summer 2022 (Blended) is now accepting enrollments. This program is approved by the State of Wisconsin Department of Health Services. Upon passing the course, students are eligible to take the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Examination in order to be listed on the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry. For more information about the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry, please visit: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/caregiver/nurse-aide/natd-registry.htm
The CHES CNA program is completed in 80 hours. Approximately 45 hours are to be completed online/remotely and consists of web-based lectures, videos, quizzes, and assignments. The remaining 35 hours will be in-person. The in-person portion consists of 19 hours of hands-on skills demonstration and competency check offs at the CHES skills lab and a 16-hour clinical rotation in Madison, WI at St. Mary's Hospital or UnityPoint Health Meriter Hospital. Students must complete all online content prior to their scheduled skills/clinical section.
Students are required to have access to a computer and internet. Upon completion of this course, students are eligible to take the State of Wisconsin Nurse Aide Competency Examination (separate cost). Students must meet additional requirements as outlined in the Student Handbook, which is available upon request.
Students must complete both the online and skills/clinical portions of the course in order to pass the class and be eligible for the Wisconsin State Nurse Aide Exam.
- Online component (asynchronous):
The online portion of the course opens April 1st for all sections througout the summer session. Students can complete the online portion at their own pace/convenience. All online content must be completed prior to the scheduled in-person section.
- Skills/Clinical component:
Section 1 (0 slots available): May 31 - June 7, 2022
Section 2 (0 slots available): June 21 - June 27, 2022
Section 3 (0 slots available): July 18 - July 25, 2022
Section 4 (0 slots available): August 2 - August 8, 2022
- Nurse Aide Examination:
CHES is an approved test site for the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Exam and will schedule an exam for each section within one week from the last day of the class. Payment for the exam will need to be processed on the last day of the class. CHES will provide guidance in this process. The exam is administered by D&S Headmaster and more information about the exam can be found on the following webpage: https://hdmaster.com/testing/cnatesting/wisconsin/WI_CNA_Home.htm.
Registration cannot be completed on this website because of the multiple steps involved. Below is a list of steps students will need to complete.
- Please email CHES@edgewood.edu to express interest and request the Student Handbook and Registration Form. It will be most helpful if you let us know in which section(s) you are most interested (see availability listed above).
- Agree to the Student Handbook
- Submit registration and agreement forms (you will be able to rank your desired sections as available)
- Schedule a pre-admission phone call and pay tuition in full $1100 (you may request this call prior to submitting registration and agreement forms if you have questions)
- Complete pre-requisites prior to starting online course (pre-requisites include health requirements, a background check and Basic Life Support certification - these will be discussed during the pre-admission call)
You are always welcome to contact us with questions! Email will get you the fastest response. CHES@edgewood.edu